The Hartleys difference:
- When a product is processed e.g. peppers, undesirable elements often get through the sorting process. In peppers, we specifically sort material to remove stalks and seeds. We call this EVM (extraneous vegetable matter).
- Product which has been decanted from bulk also carries the risk of foreign bodies.e.g. pieces of cardboard or plastic. We can undertake manual sorting as an added precaution.
- We also carry out third party sorting for customers who import material from abroad, and sell it to manufacturers in the UK. e.g mushrooms, we remove peat.
- If the product only requires a mild sort, we can pass it across our brand new laser sorter.
- All sorting pricing includes the cost of the product being repacked.